Friday, March 6, 2009

To Pee or not to Pee...That is the Question

Hello Folks
I've rummaged in my purse for $0.50 change for a coffee, a parking meter and the vending machine. So here we are, roaming through Mannheim Central station buying tickets for our trip to Munich this weekend, when I have to go. I'm not talking "Oh, that's fine, I'll just wait until I get home" kind of go, I needed to go, bad. So we went in search of the bathroom facilities. Up ahead, we spotted this machine. How can I explain it. It's at the entrance of some shops, it's a metal rung and as each person pays, it lets one in at a time. Not knowing what kind of show/movie this could be I ran up to see. It was the bathroom. You had to pay to pee. I'm normally a very happy person, positive, and I rarely ever get angry (unless Ronnie is rushing me at the grocery store) hehe but this infuriated me. Imagine, you have to pee like a race horse, BUT you have to rummage in your big, hobo bag to find $0.50 change first. So there I was, doing a little "don't pee yet" dance while I got my change, I was rotted lol Bitterly I put my money in, and went through the gates to what I figured would be a paradise. Well a paradise $0.50 could buy lol No sir. Port-a-Potties. I kid you not, bright blue port-a-potties. Forcing a smile and still pee holding I braved it. what seemed like eternity later lol I went to wash my hands. I was taking my time, to get my money's worth, reading posters, waiting for the girl in front of me to let me at the sink. One would think, with $0.50/per person, we'd have a golden sink each, and chalices filled with wine to enjoy after you were finished. I turned on the water, and waited for it to warm up. Do you see where this is going?? You're right! It was only cold water! No lukewarm, no almost there, freezing cold. Thank Goodness I didn't need a service like..I don't know, an emergancy shower what the cost would be. So next time you have to pee, appreciate your fee free pee, AND be thankful that you stil have enough change afterwards to get a coffee/tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a peeutiful story!

Post a Comment